Thomas Francis Flynn, Jr is the fifth of six children born to Thomas F. & Rita P. Flynn, Sr., they opened the Monroe location in 1954 and the Chester location in 1956. Their tradition of quality and individualized funeral and memorial services lives on in Thomas F. Flynn, Jr
Thomas F. Flynn, Jr and the staff of Flynn Funeral & Cremation Memorial Centers, Inc. have helped to train staff members at numerous Crematories in the United States regarding correct cremation procedures, and have conducted training seminars for crematories and equipment manufactures from around the United States. We have also been selected to lecture Mortuary Science students at several major Universities. Major Medical Schools in the Northeast have retained the services of Tom and his staff to facilitate the final disposition of those donated in the memory of education and science.
About Thomas F. Flynn, Jr.:
Tom is married to Margie Flynn a local elementary school teacher, and they have four children – Conor, Brendan, Shannon and Liam. They reside in Monroe, NY – Tom grew up in the Chester Community. He attended St. Columba R.C. Grammer School in Chester, NY and John S. Burke Catholic High School in Goshen, NY. He went on to Mortuary Science College, and completed his course of study with High Honors. He began working in the funeral industry on July 3, 1983. He has always been very fond of the lifelong friendship’s he has developed in the Chester and Monroe area, while attending school or playing sports. Tom is an avid runner and can often be seen in and around the Southern Orange County area running. He has been very active in the Chester and Monroe Communities with various Public and Church related organizations. He enjoys working on behalf of the local food banks and supporting their work. He also spends free time creating Life DVD’s for the families that his firm serves and designing custom monuments and memorials.
- NYS Licensed Funeral Director since July 4, 1984
- NYS Certified Crematory Operator
- National Certified Life Celebrant
- Member of National Funeral Directors Association
- Member of CANA
- Member of Metropolitan Funeral Directors
- President & Trustee of Oxford Hills Crematory
Community Memberships & Affiliations
- Ancient Order of Hibernians Joseph Duelk, Jr. Division One, Orange County, NY, Former President, Vice President, Financial Secretary & Recording Secretary
- Ancient Order of Hibernians County Board
- Member of The Pipes and Drums of the Ancient Order of Hibernians of Orange County since 1984.
- Knight Of Columbus Council 2079, Monroe, NY
- Charter Member – 4th Degree Knight of the John Cardinal O’ Connor Assembly 2640
- Holy Name Society – Chairman of the Annual Corn Beef and Cabbage Dinner
- Chester Kiwanis – Chairman of the Annual Chester Clean up Day
- Mid Hudson Parade long time sponsor, contributor and director
- St. Brendan’s Gaelic Football Club, Orange County
- Chairman of Clergy Dinner of Orange County for the AOH and LAOH Division 1 and Division 5
- Community Basketball, Soccer, Baseball & Gaelic Football Coach or Sponsor in Chester & Monroe.
- St. Columba R.C. Church, Chester, NY
- Former Board Member of Hospice of Orange
- Charter Member of Monroe Chamber